About the Mouse Island Creatives Studio
If you came here to learn a little bit about the Mouse Island Creatives Studio you clicked the right link.
Mouse Island Creatives is the result of two creatives, Shawn and Rowena McPherson, sharing space, time, and a dream. Life is a strange twisting, turning pathway. It takes you to places you never would expect. Shawn and Rowena went to school together from Kindergarten through high school. They saw each other every day but were never more than faces passing in the halls. As adults, they reconnected over discussing their creative talents and have been inseparable ever since.
They form a partnership that is based on trust and the four C’s. Clarity, Creativity, Collaborative, Creation.
Shawn or Liam Kingman or maybe another pseudonym… or 7
Shawn is a fulltime author and photographer living in Northern Maine near Presque Isle and Caribou. He has 20 years of experience in project and operations management, finance, web design, data analytics, research and development. His imagination is only matched by his insane ability with numbers and research.
In the 3rd grade, Shawn figured out what he wanted to do with his life, write stories. He has been spending the majority of his past thirty plus years since then putting that desire off until another day.
Creatives are a strange bunch. They are driven by the desire to create and are often crushed by the insecurity of not creating content that will be accepted by everyone. No matter the praise they receive, creatives hide beneath the crushing weight of desiring for their work to be accepted by all.
That is never going to happen. When the creative accepts that, they are freed to create for themselves and share their craft with all those who choose to accept it. Letting go of the paralyzing fear is the stage that Shawn has moved to. It is time to sling more words.
Rowena McPherson Artist
Rowena is a traditional artist and graphic designer working in the creative field since 1999. She fuses ingenuity and open communication to produce the most memorable and effective graphic products possible for clients.
Her latest collection of work is on display at the Wintergreen Art Center for the month of March.
Some of her original artwork is on sale through Fine Art America and prints of selected pieces are available as well.
When she is not creating her personal art projects, she is frequently working on client commissions. The range of commissions she takes on has expanded drastically, but time is her enemy.
Please understand that an artists time is their most valuable resource.
The creation of a work of art comes with an opportunity cost. When you are creating, you can’t be doing something else.
Ever wonder why a work of art cost what it does? Sure there is material cost, but time is the largest factor. It takes years of practice to perfect skills, all mostly unpaid. Creating takes away from putting in hours in an office earning a steady income. It is the experience and talent that you are paying for. It takes time to create your work or art, and you are paying for that.
Do you blink an eye when you hire a plumber or an electrician to do a 10-hour job at a rate of $75 per hour? No? Then why do you not value the work of the artist who is putting in the same 10 hours to create something out of pigments of color? When you find a work of art you love for a price of $750, remember there is an artist who isn’t trying to “Get Rich” behind it. They are only looking to be making a living wage for luxury products they are creating.
What can Mouse Island Creatives create for you?
Together Shawn and Rowena can tackle any project and overcome any obstacle with a tag-team approach, working from their individual strengths.
There are several different things that Mouse Island Creatives can do for you.
- We are a graphic design firm that can assist with everything from logo design to book layouts. Anything and everything that needs designing we can do.
- We are a photography studio practicing everything from Weddings to newborns, senior photos to professional head-shots. If you need an event photography, product, holiday or family portraits, tell us what you want captured and we can do that for you as well.
- Rowena McPherson Artist Studio, takes commissions for her artwork enabling you to have your own piece of fine art at an attainable price.
- Shawn, when time allows, writes content for hire. He can ghostwrite novels, copy for websites and a quarter of his time is dedicated to crafting stories for our studio. When he launches his Liam Kingman brand, subscribers to our newsletter will be the first to know about each new launch.
- Finally, we aren’t just a team of creatives who forget to live their lives. As two introverts who tend to avoid social situations like the plague, we are very open to living the Wicked Good Life and we blog about our personal journies for all to see.